Monday, September 27, 2010

Masquerade


So here's the deal. Fake happiness and hope that real happiness steals in and makes an appearance. Make the lovely vegetarian dinner for the difficult vegetarians of the house. (I understand dietary restrictions based on health, but the many requirements of my brood can make me more than a little crazy). I don't remember posing any special requirements of my parents except that they not abandon me. Nowadays, well, it's a lot different.
While the beans cook, I surf the web to check out websites, blogs et al. All of which has me a little dazed. I wish I knew where I fit in. Or where I intended to insert myself. What a comforting thought- to feel like I belong and then expand from there. My natural reticent prevents me from steaming full ahead. Can I pretend to be someone else and and slowly assume that identity? A brash gal, a take no prisoners kind of talent who won't let any self-doubt cloud her brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment