Thursday, September 16, 2010

Farewell


James and Sarah and Jacob just left to run errands. One of the more important stops is to give Eloise, Sarah's pet rat to the pet store owner, Manny. He has agreed to find Eloise a good home. Hopefully, she will maintain her status as a pet beloved by someone else and not well, a snack for some much larger creature. Out of all the pets we have had as family members, Eloise gave me the most aggravation. Truthfully, she is very smart and sweet. However given the opportunity she will climb out of her cage and settle on my side of the bed. Under the covers. I have woken up on more than one occasion with something crawling around my legs in the middle of the night. Okay, I scream. I get a little agitated. I even make threatening remarks. So, it should come as no surprise that the other day, when our newest arrival, the lovely bunny Lilith came home, Sarah agreed that it was time for Eloise to go. Now, I am a little sad that she is gone for good. Don't ask me why. I must be an old softy at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment