Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Busy City Day






Spent a busy day on Friday with my friend Ellen in Manhattan. She wanted to take me out to lunch for my birthday and look at art. On the way to eat we made a quick stop to see the Jil Sander store in Soho (truly, a museum to retail). It was so nice outside that we ate our lunch seated in a lovely courtyard surrounded by the chic set. After our meal we took an inspiring tour of some Chelsea galleries. We managed about six shows including a beautiful installation of these lit books by the artist Airan Kang at a gallery on 24th St. and saw the Marc Newsom show next. Wow! So much fun to see an amazing motor boat among other large scaled items placed in a gallery setting. We headed back back downtown by walking on the High Line where we revived ourselves with gourmet ice pops. I had my Lumix camera in my bag and found myself taking lots of photos. So many diverse types you encounter along the way. On the train ride home I thought about the pleasure that comes from creating images that are completely spontaneous.

No comments:

Post a Comment