Monday, January 18, 2010

Loss & Gain

I just lost the post I was finishing. That's a letdown. It's the re-grouping to put a better spin on things. The post was all about austerity and what a year of living on unemployment has been like. While my husband was terminated in January of 09- technically his severance lasted until the end of May. So, it's not quite a year at that- it only feels that way. We have been keeping it simple with as many amenities as I can conjure up and a lot of do-it-yourself activity takes place around here. We finally started updating our master bath. In the process we have replaced the sink (found on Craigslist), installed hardware we had purchased years ago and now have full use of our shower. Last month, James and I took a steamy one together when it was back up and running. Now that's been heavenly. I go across the hall to the girls' rooms a little as possible. Between their pets- Napoleon the rabbit and Eloise the rat- and the clutter and all their stuff strewn across their bath- I escape back to our side and marvel that my bathroom through some elbow grease and thrifty procuring is becoming so nice. Blessings are appreciated greatly these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment