Friday, January 1, 2010

I promised myself I would try and write everyday. I'm not going to be profound- it's New Year's Day and other than make a delicious dinner, drive my son to a friend's house, pick up a prescription, scope out CVS, return a library book (not overdue),
change the bed linen (well strip the bed, wash the bed linen, into the dryer and whisk it all back on to the bed (now neatly made)
[did I mention how I have become addicted to silk pilllowcases. Stop judging me- they are amazing]. Oh yes, food shopping with my nephew, return and pick up movie (love that Redbox), make a deadly good batch of margaritas after tracking down an open liquor store with same nephew (treating us to the bottle) at the liquor store on Main Street. (The fourth time is the charm- or never, ever give up). Watching Sarah at dinner who has grown 2 inches in the last 3 months "I am so full I could burst!" as her tall stringy frame clears her plate and heads through the swinging kitchen door and back to her favorite enclave, her room. 5 faces at the dinner table, mostly pleased. Her eminence, Nora, lamenting that her vegetarian curry was not sufficiently curry. As they drank their ginger ale, and enjoyed the savory food. I asked them each about their resolutions. James readily contributed-"Get a job".
To which I added "me too!"
Did I mention photographing the light fixture in our bathroom and checking out a toilet on Craigslist.
Turn outs our toilet is really nice and it make no sense to replace it. And now we can look in to having our light fixtures re-plated in polished nickel at a place in Minneapolis- (but we have to send a photo to confirm estimate). Could be cheaper- and I like our light fixtures. I just want them in a different metal finish. Ah, the trivial concerns of your average mom. Along with craving world peace. Thus our year begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment