Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Roma



I have left Sleepy Hollow and made my way to Rome in quest of the age old desire to see new things and be some place different- a much needed change from the turmoil of recent events and while we carry our problems wherever we go, it's easy to be delighted by the sights, tastes and smells of this lively urban center. I am visiting a good friend who has been gracious to organize outings and itineraries prompting us to head out each day and explore. We have been fortified by many thirst quenching aperitivo while consuming small tasty plates-I feeling myself slowly unfurling from the dense pain of the last two years.

Rome abounds in antiquities as its citizens hurry past mindful of their modern lives among the splendor of the ruins. I still have a lot of healing to do as I examine the stones and columns that predate Christianity and I imagine these earlier city dwellers must have worried (just like me) about their fate, the fate of their offspring and the well being of their ancestors. As a wise person, much wiser than me I imagine once said, "Perspective is everything."

So here is to la dolce vita and to our ability to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment