Monday, September 12, 2016

Pivoting and Parenthood

This week saw a first for me in a new category. The first back to school day in my district in 18 years that I didn't have a kid who required some organizational help to get out the door on an early September morning after the long hiatus of summer vacation. There were no forms to fill out, no dashes to Staples or new apparel purchased, along with the melancholy and excitement that always attended Labor Day weekend.

I am wistful for all that once was and is no longer, like every other parent alive and leaning in to what requires my attention now.  Life shifts and the nest reassembles. Nostalgia comes easily today.


(As schedules would have it, my middle child is is starting back her college classes locally, so I do have back to schooler after all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment