Tuesday, October 18, 2011

When Less isn't More


Yes, there is the lone tomato that we were able to grow to maturity. Factor in the ones lost to high heat and not enough rain, ones lost to hurricane force winds, and just plain neglect- I am pleased to share a very solitary example of good intentions. Sometimes, like lately, life seems harder than I am really able to manage. Combine that with knowing I should feel better, knowing all the ways I am lucky to be alive with all my faculties intact- well all that makes my periodic bouts of heartache that much harder to bear. Forgive all the narcissism- I will try to do better. And today, I will celebrate our sole tomato in some special way tonight at dinner while we make the most of all life's bounty- large and small, here in Sleepy Hollow.

No comments:

Post a Comment