Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Then and Now (for Nora)


Our firstborn Nora came home for a visit to see family and friends and to hunt for her first car (of the used variety) with her Dad. Much was accomplished (they found the perfect vehicle!) including voluminous socializing with friends while she was here.

One of the perks (replete with all the emotional fodder) of my picture taking over the years is the visual diary the many images create. Twenty years ago we moved to our home in Sleepy Hollow and Nora was 2 years old at the time. Leaving last Sunday, en route to the airport, I snapped a photo in a familiar locale that brought back a singular memory of her. The ability of images to communicate across time fascinates and humbles me simultaneously.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, she grew up and I'm sure it was in the blink of an eye. I can relate. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. Yes- it goes by quick!!

      Delete