Monday, August 17, 2015

I knew this (without knowing)

During one of my internet forays I discovered this article that living by trees makes you feel physically younger and brought back many memories of weekend escapes from Manhattan for a more leafy locale just to soothe my soul. Years back, when the time came to purchase a home, buying in the city never occurred to me because I knew I needed to live where I could be surrounded by horticulture and the more trees the better.

I'm not a fan of leaf raking (and we are obliged to spray our many hemlocks every year with horticultural oil to prevent a disease that afflicts them) but the sight of green out of every window, the pleasure of their arching shapes and shifting sounds of all the trees where we live has been a source of comfort and delight. Sometimes instincts prevail and pave your choices. At those times it's good to listen to your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment