Monday, March 7, 2011

The Next Generation



Because I am a photographer, my kids have grown up in a home surrounded by cameras, books, periodicals and computers. Currently the girls are both really interested in photography but don't generally care to be photographed by me. My son mostly says no. So, I'm really not given much access to my children as photographic subjects. They can be downright irate on the whole matter and will even make threatening remarks like "I don't feel like having my picture taken today or ever!!!" Ah yes, cooperation is the world in which I reside. I do love seeing the photos they take of themselves and each other. It's very touching when I remember my beginnings using the photo booth machine to capture my likeness. They have many opportunities to express their creativity with good equipment at their disposal and the expertise required to use it. Their images can be amazingly complex to me and at times I'm a little jealous. I would love to have the time with them in front of my camera that they give to each other. (I should add that the photos above were taken by Nora.)

No comments:

Post a Comment