Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I've been on the go lately. not too much time to ruminate on the state of our daily affairs. It's a certain boost to go into the world, see and do. Met Joyce in New york and had a little retail therapy at the Conran's store. A big sale was in progress and even with the discounts, things were mighty expensive. We each managed to find something and I chose to enrich my mind with a book about web design by the intriguing publishing company Tashen. A delicious lunch with my friend who brought me a very nice, new J. Crew sweaterjacket that she will not be using-and exactly what this under financed suburban mom needs. An elegant boost to her faded wardrobe. The train ride, subway and walking the long passageways. The mounted posters, the range of humanity gave me a jolt of worldly momentum. In the morning I had a chance to go my brother's house where he helped me retool my resume. He and his wife made such good, constructive comments, that a feeling of relief swept over me. I sound so much better on paper now that they have edited me. James and I will not move into the next phase of our work lives without help from others, and I feel like there is support for us. A lot to appreciate today.

No comments:

Post a Comment