Monday, July 14, 2014

Just Sharing

Currently, whatever is expected of me holds no interest whatsoever. I'm in that state of mind where I wish someone was making all sorts of arrangements so that I could proceed with my betterment- you know- going off to an artist residency might be nice- where I don't have to worry whether any of the bathrooms need toilet paper, or which young male friend of my son's is sleeping in our guest room, to why are the kids taking so long with some dumb task, to why is my husband is so distant and weird sometimes? 

Yes, buy me some decent towels on sale, throw a set of soft bedding in a bag, some comfortable clothes and my camera and laptop with a few treats for my own consumption at my own leisure, with no boring paperwork to complete or wrinkles to iron out. Maybe I just need a vacation from being parental. Does such a thing even exist and am I bring more immature than my teens for craving one?

No comments:

Post a Comment