Sunday, December 14, 2014

Not the Original (but worth trying)


Last month my friend Liza and I had the opportunity to attend a book launch for Dominique Ansel of Cronut™ fame. His pastry creations have an avid following and people line up outside his shop at 6 a.m. for the chance to purchase and consume his legendary treats. As part of the event, he was interviewed and I found him articulate and charming- always a good combination.

I am not inclined to make the pilgrimage to Soho to visit his bakery. That's a lot of effort to sample something novel and newsworthy so when Dunkin Donuts announced the latest arrival to its menu- the Croissant Donut, I was game to try. If your sweet tooth inspires you to consume offerings glazed with sugar- this could possibly hit the spot. I'm sure Dominque Ansel's Cronut™ is far superior in taste and the atmosphere of his establishment is undoubtably more appealing than our local Dunkin' yet I hope he is comforted by the fact that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.



No comments:

Post a Comment