Wednesday, December 17, 2014

I Had To


I've been staying on the down low lately when it comes to shopping- trying to keep it simple. But with Sarah home from school we indulged in one of our favorite activities and visited a local church's thrift store. It's been a while since we wee there and I was immediately drawn to a voluminous holiday area that they carved out of a corner.  I poked around a bit and gathered up a few things and noticed a box sitting back on a shelf. When I picked it up and looked inside I knew this was some kind of special jewelry box- wrapped in wool plaid, lined and tied with suede.


The box had little bits of glitter on it as though a little more magic was added to it, right before it was bestowed. I saw people smiling when I held the box in my hands and knew it brought happiness once upon a time.  It's sticker price read .50 and I ended up paying half that. Now that I have it, I have no idea what I am going to do with it. I'm just glad it's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment