Saturday, July 12, 2014

Mesmerized by the Dress


For some unknown reason I found myself in bed yesterday done in by fatigue. Turning on the television, the fast paced graphics in the commercials made me even more tired and closing my eyes seemed like an excellent idea. Yet, tv land beckoned and soon I was transfixed (in all honesty for multiple hours of my life which I will never get back) by women buying their wedding gown in the mega-bridal store Vows (that sells their offerings at a deep discount) in Watertown, Ma.  



I learned the story of each bride-to be's romance, and how their intended is their best friend and the greatest guy ever! With extended family and bridesmaids in tow, I got to watch their lengthy and often frustrating quest to find the perfect dress.



Many of the subjects interviewed have been thinking about their wedding for "their entire lives" and I was impressed by the fact that your average adult marriageable female wants to "look like a vision" on her special day.



Not what I dream of, I can tell you that.

2 comments:

  1. Hello from St. Louis ,
    Just wanted to say and I love reading your blog
    Livnat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regards from Sleepy Hollow,
      Thank you for reading and for your kind words. Means a lot!!!
      All best-
      Dorothy

      Delete