Monday, November 11, 2013

Conner Ives


I am always happy to cross paths again with interesting individuals that I have met before- and when I heard that Conner Ives was going to be showing one of his dresses at an annual local event call Project Greenway, I knew I wanted to see what he has been up to. A few years back I photographed an amazing dress he made out of coffee filters and doilies (over dyed with coffee) and this year he brought a whole new set of elements to his creation, working with a vintage lace tablecloth he found at a flea market, crocheted pieces made by his grandmother and horse hair purchased from Montana. I was intrigued to see the originality that flows through him and into his work. Next year he is off to college to study fashion design and I know the world will be just as fascinated by his talent as I.

No comments:

Post a Comment