Thursday, August 29, 2013

School is Nigh


My teens are experiencing the existential angst of summer's ending mixed with the unspoken relief at the prospect of school resuming and being meaningfully and (hopefully) intellectually engaged. (Along with having to get up in the morning before 8 a.m.) No more laying around the house for hours at time, pissing away the afternoon with Netflix and getting caught up on five seasons of whatever. (At least my kids did the wiling away, while I mostly shredded from anxiety and the utter listless feelings that can come over me when everyone surrounding me is doing absolutely nothing.)
But I digress. Due to the Jewish holidays, school around here begins September 9th. So, to those dear and near to me, enjoy those fleetings gasps of inertia to the best of your abilities that your remaining vacation days allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment