Wednesday, December 19, 2012

R.I.P.


The events in Newton, Connecticut throw grief and heart break over everything and consuming as a way to show love seems like a shallow enterprise this year.
It's a week until Christmas and I am feeling the urgency that comes over many of us to wrap packages, run to the post office, decorate the house et al. In lieu of working at the mall, I am working our to-do list instead, appreciating that my teens have school all week.
I took my son to the dentist for a check-up. The dentist told me he was a marvel of genetics with perfectly formed teeth and the jaw to match. Every little milestone reminds me of all the ways these families from a small town in Connecticut and beyond will bear this incomprehensible loss of a loved one for the rest of their lives. I really don't understand the desire to do harm. It's a sad time.

No comments:

Post a Comment