Thursday, August 9, 2012

Now I Know....

what I have been doing wrong all along. I am too normal. Reading about Cat Marnell and how she does not give a f**k, I finally figured it out. I didn't do as many drugs as I could have, I did not sleep with more than one man at a time, or any women (well in the biblical sense) and for the past 20 years I have been unfailingly devoted as a wife and a mother. (full disclosure, I have considered homicide and my husband- but when I imagine what my children would think, and consider life behind bars, and all the bad karma, well, it was easier just to stop being mad at him.) Blame my parents for raising me with your standard sense of right and wrong, blame my own neuroses for steering me toward the less kinky path and blame fate that I ended up living the life of occasional suburban bliss. No wonder my memoirs will never top the bestseller list. Cat Marnell on the other hand, will surely be a household name (well hopefully not in my household) sometime in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment