Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Dinner, an old friend, and a million dollar view




I touched base with an old friend, Dal LaMagna from my life before kids and he invited me to dinner at his place in the city. It's been a while since we've had any contact, and in that interval a lot has happened. While I've been raising a family and pursuing my photography, Dal built his business Tweezerman in to a global enterprise, sold it for a very respectable sum, ran for office (a few times), produced films, wrote a book and became an investor in companies whose social mandate aligned with his very progressive and humanistic views.

Once upon a time, we spent a decent amount of time together and as we talked I appreciated all over again why I always enjoyed his company. He's a smart, funny, energetic man with all the right values. While relaxing over our meal seated on his terrace, we watched the sky deepen to nightfall. I was happy to learn of all the good things that Dal has created and accomplished since we went our separate ways. He told me about his current commitment to running IceStone USA in order to save 42 Brooklyn jobsHe's a unique individual and if there were more people like him around, our world would be a much better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment