Friday, February 10, 2012

The Middle

Well, I am not a middle child. Although my own middle child isn't speaking to me. (For lots of reasons too boring to list, let's just say the state of her room and her school work might have a lot to do with it.) Trying to imagine how long the silent treatment will last and refraining from seeking reconciliation-I am experimenting with non engagement and seeing how it all pans out. I imagine if she really hated me, she wouldn't eat the dinner I prepared last night. In the meantime I focus on today's to do list (Valentine's anyone?..) as my heart hurts a little. We do not live in a conflict free home. The happy family all the time is the true stuff of myths and nostalgia. So, I wait for some glimmer of a thaw and hope someday we are able to get along again, however briefly it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment