Friday, April 22, 2011

Laundry and Me

I don't know about how other moms (who routinely sigh or roll their eyes when the subject comes up) attain true laundry independence from their progeny- but in my house it's a topic we visit frequently. Often running along the lines of "Do you know what you are going to wear to school tomorrow?" and next: "Do you need anything washed?". (If you want to avoid an early morning meltdown- on top of getting four people out the door- this is a key question.) It's helpful to ask it privately in case the intention is to borrow something. Then you have to inquire "Does said person know you want to borrow this?" And so it goes.

"Don't you think you should do some laundry?" is another personal favorite as I eye a hamper spilling over with dirty clothes. I want these kids in the basement sorting and managing their own effects. For sure. Even with the frustration of supervising them I know it's my job to do it. I don't want them leaving the house not knowing how to take care of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment