Thursday, March 28, 2013

Another Rescue from the Goodwill



I'd like to think that we all have drives and desires in us that we don't really understand-but are hopefully leading us down roads worth going. I have long been able to enjoy poking through a Goodwill, a yard sale, a flea market while surveying the offerings and discards of others. Sometimes I see something so special and somehow abandoned, that I have a need to rescue it, and bring it home where it will appreciated and tended.  So there I was in the Goodwill, with Sarah and her friend, looking for shirts for Max's next project, and I wandered the bric-a-brac and housewares aisles chock-a-block with a diverse assortment of items. And there they were. A pile of classic porcelain china dishes made in Denmark with some vaguely recognizable manufacturer's mark marked at $6.99 for the set. They had to come home with me. Upon returning I researched and learned about them, cleaned them up and found them a place in the cupboards. Along with the uneasy feeling of why certain objects beckon to me in a way I don't really understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment