Saturday, February 11, 2017

Trying to Feel It


Mid divorce and the stresses I avoided as my marriage unravelled are surfacing. It's easy to succumb to traumas small and large. I'm a goner. Staring at the ceiling, trying to figure out why so much has gone off the rails. An unscheduled day is a golden opportunity for my loss and frustration to overwhelm me- digesting the minutiae of the death of my imperfect union. Now, recently positioned as single and not reversing the course, I am with ample opportunity to dissect the past, re-examine my distant but economically stable father, and the myriad of men (starting with 4 older brothers) who have populated the skies of my firmament if not held me firmly in their arms on a romantic basis (relatives excluded)

So, it's with a jaded eye that I anticipate the arrival of Valentines Day. Truthfully, my heart thuds more than pitter pats and I wish I was busy with some clever missive about love and it many wonders.

I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment