Sunday, November 2, 2014

Feathering the Nest



The end of daylight savings inspires a bittersweet Sunday- knowing that the glow of the afternoon will fade to dark by 5 p.m. It's a not so gentle reminder that winter and frigid temperatures await us as I cast a critical eye at what needs repairing before we find ourselves burrowing in to stuffed chairs, with books, papers, digital devices and daydreams constituting the weekend activities of choice.

I've been resisting tag sales with the goal of simplifying rather than accumulating but during our daughter's quick visit home from college she wanted to visit our favorite local Goodwill, so with a few hours to kill we happily sifted through piles and examined the racks of offerings. Among the assorted treasures I found this vibrant silk tie whose quirky pattern I could not resist.

And my husband was only too quick to tell me when I showed it to him- "Well, I'm not wearing that!"
What a surprise!! (Not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment