Monday, December 23, 2013

The Art Issue


The art issue of W is always a great one and worth reading if you are interested in the art world, fashion biz, celebrity, culture, and hipsters of the moment. It is front loaded with ads for the expected brands, Prada, Marc Jacobs, Chanel, Gucci, etc. with their perfectly positioned models wearing great clothes and styled to the max. Still, the editorial is awesome and this year's featured images of George Clooney by 5 female artists and photographers, including Yayoi Kusama who directed and styled the cover. (Also, incredible images of Kristen McMenamy as a mermaid- beautiful!!)

( As a fellow lover of the dot, I'm a big fan of Kusama. My friend Ellen reminded me of an earlier picture I had once taken of her when she was a vision in dots on a beautiful spring day- so I'll share that below.)


1 comment: