Saturday, September 21, 2013

A few words from a good friend

For many years I had a professional relationship with Kathy Moskal, who was one part of the dynamic duo that created HUE hosiery- a brand that redefined hosiery as an apparel item. I created many interesting images of their designs that were featured on their ground breaking packaging and along the way had the opportunity to take portraits of both owners. This is a far and away my favorite portrait of Kathy and something I am happy to publish here. When I told Kathy that I wanted to post this image on my blog- she had a few thoughts of her own that she wanted to share as well.




"We've all had the experience of looking back at a photo of our younger self and thinking "why was I so critical of my looks back then...I looked pretty good"... 
When you were THE photograher for HUE you took this wonderful image of me. In it you captured something so personal and special that I loved it from the moment I saw it. This photo gave me the feeling that I was "safe and loved" in your photographic hands...that I could trust you with my "self".  I think this is why you make such wonderful, telling portraits Dorothy....and in my case you showed me the Kathy that people who cared for me saw...the whole person......and it made me happy."  

No comments:

Post a Comment