Friday, April 19, 2013

Utter Dismay


"We have, as one colleague put it to me, replaced our pre-9/11 naïveté with post-9/11 sobriety."  from the New Yorker essay by Atul Gwande

I am deeply agitated over events in Boston. I just heard an interview with the classmate of the younger brother who said how likable he was in high school.  How does a kid who seemed to have found a way in America after coming from the other side of the globe decide to execute such terrible mayhem with his older sibling? I really don't know how to express my anger and sadness. Now Boston is in the grip of a manhunt- buses and trains not running and residents are staying home behind locked doors. It boggles the mind the terror a few individuals can inflict on innocent civilians. What kind of world are we living in?

No comments:

Post a Comment