Thursday, August 25, 2011

J'adore la piscine, et vous?


Okay, maybe the title of this post is a little affected, but most things sound better in French- don't you think? As we are in the final hours of getting my eldest off for her freshman year of college the opportunity to escape the piles, her clutter and imperious attitude is welcomed by me. Anything I ask of her is met with her standard response of "Not now, Mom. I'll do it later." (Read, how about never?) Whatever management style you choose to use with your children (i.e. when they were small and I would beg for a little time, "I'll make you breakfast in a minute.") will come back to you in SPADES. I mean SPADES. A sunny morning, kids otherwise occupied and I am out the door. No time to hang out under the trees with a book, but plenty of time to get in a swim. An empty lap lane means an hour of sheer uninterrupted bliss contemplating the beautiful abstractions that dance on the bottom of the pool.


No comments:

Post a Comment