Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Crack for Boys





Well, it's not exactly a chemical substance. It's more the lure of certain cars. Even at the age of 5 my son could distinguish a Honda from a Toyota, and by 9 he knew a Maserati from a Lamborghini. Go figure. My husband can identify more makes of cars than he can his own emotions. Must be a guy thing. Personally I like automobiles when they work, get me where I want to go and are not an embarrassment to be seen in. The males in my family will test drive a car just to feel how it "handles" and will point out makes and models whenever we are out and about. Lots of references to V6, V8, turbo charged and Special Editions. En route to picking up Jacob from his camp in Pennsylvania it was a no brainer that we would stop back at a car show that James noticed once we were in possession of our son. My husband was suddenly very gallant about stopping at all the yard sales I fancied, even turning the car around in his pleasant anticipation of visiting the car show when it reappeared on our return route home. The vintage vehicles assembled were very, very shiny. And then, on the the last leg of our trip we passed a mint condition Corvette Stingray. A brief vision of heaven, on wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment