Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Clairol and Me



I was leaning toward a more natural way of looking at things. Well, to be specific I was really studying my grey roots and trying to imagine myself as a silver haired gal. I thought, "I'm ready to go down this road". You know, embrace aging and all that. It's not that I don't like getting older, even though it feels incredibly odd to realize how many years I have already lived. Where did the time go? And what's next? (after childhood, college, career, romantic adventures, and a little later than I thought, marriage and motherhood). So, now as a major milestone birthday hovers in the not too distant future I am thinking, enough with coloring with my hair. I've got to be me!
There is difference between looking one's age and acting it and I'm guess not ready. So I succumbed with a little harried help from one of my eye-rolling daughters. Later, the grey gone I felt that funny boost of feeling better about my appearance. Hopefully all is not vanity in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment