Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A Lovely Birthday (for Mom)




I had an awesome birthday this year- starting with a trip in to meet Ellen at the Museum of Modern Art to attend the show Production Line of Happiness, a very enigmatic exhibit, by the artist Christopher Williams. Monday proved to be an unhurried time to be there and best enough.....


taking pictures was permitted. Ellen was more than happy to be in my photos and help me document the show. Williams' work is completely thought provoking and I thoroughly enjoyed it even if....





I didn't understand it!!  After we finished our exploration we made our to the museum's dining spot Terrace 5 and relaxed over lunch (and thanks to Ellen and Steve for my birthday treats!).


Outside, we popped in to the Knoll showroom to look at fabrics and wall coverings for a project of Ellen's. Sensory bliss has been known to happen there!



Later birthday wishes from some of my favorite people and then out for a yummy pizza dinner with d.h. and good friends (with a gift basket and a special card from James). What a nice way to start a new year....

No comments:

Post a Comment