Saturday, August 13, 2011

Not every good idea leads to a good outcome


My husband had a good idea. It was the last day for a long while that we would all be together so he wanted to go on a family outing. Unfortunately, not every one had the same interest. So with a fair amount of arm twisting we headed out to the Katonah Museum to see the outdoor sculpture exhibit. I thought they were fascinating and so did my husband, but the younger set displayed a certain boredom and let's just say it went downhill from there. At our late lunch, it went very downhill. Very. I will be happy to spare you all the details. I know family happiness can be fleeting at best, and at times it is the parents who are the wounded birds. It's probably recommended that as a parent you cast all your expectations aside and whenever possible, go with the flow. Even utter dismay has its upside. Somehow. In some universe. Somewhere. Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment