Friday, July 1, 2011

Vacation Update- Week 1

It's the end of the first week of vacation and I am experiencing the agita of observing two able bodied kids seemingly content to do absolutely nothing. (sidebar- Nora spent the week getting her lifeguard certificate at a pool in the city and now is allegedly exercising at the Y. She sleeps in as late as she can and then disappears until much later.) It drains me of my energy while the coaxing, ignoring and reminding have me destined for psychosis. This is always a hard transition for me and blissful for them. They do seem a little grumpy with the bordeom of no demands and so little stress, but a hammock, tv, itunes, netflix, or company of a friend seem to answer that. No one wants to do anything until 4 in the afternoon and by then I am at my wits' end. (It helps the sanity level to maintain a sunny disposition as much as humanly possible and always appear happy to see them. Who doesn't like that?)

No comments:

Post a Comment