Tuesday, May 24, 2011

moodyville

I certainly could say the topic has been over explored (by me in particular)- but such is life. I'm living with three teenagers and there's lots of "don't talk to me!" "why don't you listen to me?" "go away!" "where are you?" "how could you?" "why must you?" and the ever lasting standard "you never told me that!". Fill in the blanks as it's a wearisome journey- and it's hard to prepare. Selective deafness helps as does a memory like a sieve. Don't hold grudges and more importantly refrain from sharing your deepest insights. They won't be appreciated, forgiven or considered. I'm hopeful that at some point in the not too distant future (like before I die) I'll be able to enjoy them truly, deeply, madly. For now- it's a moment to moment thing- often tested and occasionally rewarded with a blissful smile or tender hug. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment