Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Another Day Off




I don't want to think about how many days of winter weather we have had already this year. Today, we are coated under this sweeping, yucky, grey, icy, sleety, slippery rain. It's a major hunker down and hibernate kind of day. Especially if you are between the ages of 12 and 18. Which exactly describes my children. A snow day, a Wednesday, a world's worst kind of weather day where the most important thing that must be done today is to shovel. That's it. And walk the dog. Nothing major, with all activities suspended. James has made it to the train courtesy of me, so he is at work, toiling away. At home, there is a peaceful aura courtesy of my contented crew. Wait till I crack down and tell them it's time to brave the elements and get outside and move some snow. I'll be real popular then for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment