Thursday, June 18, 2015

Otranto


My good friend Jo Ann invited me to visit her in this small town situated on the Adriatic Sea in  Italy and given my willingness to embrace possibility I said yes to her generous offer. Many hours of travel later including an airline mishap that created 9 hours of delay, a ride from Rome to this most southern spot in Italy and I am slowly getting my footing. The push to leave, the adrenalin of travel and swift transitions have left me feeling spent and it's lovely to succumb to doing nothing in Jo Ann's temporary digs in this ancient city. And if nothing else, there is always the view out the window to remind me how vast and varied is this planet of ours. Sometimes it's good to leave home to remember what is important, lovely and true.

No comments:

Post a Comment