Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Yes to All



When you're required to stay home and lay low, the Sunday New York Times is a reliable distraction (all those sections and supplements) and a recent "T" magazine did not disappoint with its coverage of taste makers and wunderkinds combined with the usual assortment of ads promoting luxury goods. Sometimes, the heady atmosphere of all the high priced sophistication makes me feel a little nauseated by the unparallelled wealth and conspicuous consumption.

I found the above ad for Reed Krakoff especially annoying as the model appears to have either just stolen the tote (available for $2645 for pre-order) or fallen in love with it, sporting a "Why are you staring at me?" look in her eyes. I know I shouldn't be shocked- high end designer bags have become the symbol of prestige. Especially when combined with a beautiful girl loaded with attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment