Monday, October 13, 2014

A Gift from Mother Nature (via Stop 'n Shop)


I'm one of those frugal types who combs the clearance aisle at garden centers and grocery stores for finds on a dime. Last June, a display of plants reduced for sale at my local Stop 'n Shop (a great source) caught my eye. I threw a box of dahlia tubers in to my cart and brought it home, planting them later than recommended. Yet they sprouted and grew without much fanfare until today when I discovered its beautiful flower bowing down the stem with more buds to come. (Staking is probably long overdue.)
An unexpected treat in Sleepy Hollow that I'm happy to share.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Glad you are back - I missed your voice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting and for your kind words- means a lot!!!!!

      Delete