Monday, May 19, 2014

Why I care (about what I care about)


Sometimes with the constant talk of real estate that goes on around these parts I have to wonder if in a past life I was a real estate agent and cultivated home owners for their listing while measuring their rooms to establish square footage. But when presented with my property, well lit and on a stunning spring day, instead of examining all the angles from which to best capture the essence of our home, I find myself examining the violas craning their faces toward the light in a tender jumble of happenstance.
I used to think the goal was to examine the particular through the universal, but at heart I am fixed on examining the universal through the particular. Maybe long ago I was an investigator and so asking questions in hopes of finding answers explains it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment