Thursday, May 22, 2014

First Cousins


We had a very nice family gathering here last night- my husband's nephew Justin graduated from Pace University yesterday and after the whirl of commencement events, he and his 2 brothers , Austin and Rex, and parents made there way here for a celebratory dinner. I always enjoy seeing Kenneth and Gayle, my brother and sister-in-law, but in some ways the best part is seeing Jacob with his first cousins. On my side of the family, there are many girls among my brothers' offspring, and with two daughters of my own,  Nora and Sarah have known the pleasures and perils of having a sister (and female first cousins). But Jacob, as our only boy and the youngest,  hasn't had much contact with his male relatives who are close in age. There is definitely a physical resemblance between him and his handsome kin, and it's nice to see him connect, enjoy and relax in their company.

No comments:

Post a Comment