Friday, August 9, 2013

Pure Bliss

I woke up to an overcast morning with the possibility of rain later, or sun. A mixed up kind of day. Determined to get to the pool for a swim, I finally made it there towards the end of adult swim. There was only one person in the pool, which had no rope and no lanes . The place was deserted except for the staff.  My fellow swimmer left shortly after I arrived, leaving me the huge pool to swim in alone. I spent 45 minutes on laps, fast crawls and stretches. Using a noodle as a floatation device I let myself relax in the water. The solitude felt amazing- a gift of undisturbed exercise in this perfect element. Swimming outdoors has been my favorite form of outdoor activity for as long I can remember. I'm a water baby for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment