Monday, April 15, 2013

My Visit to The Muse





The other day I made the trek to Williamsburg in Brooklyn to photograph Mandy Hackman at a studio called The Muse. Given that anything lately worth doing seems to originate from Brooklyn, it made sense that I found myself there. I had connected with Mandy on a website called OurGoods where people barter their talents to support each other's pursuits. Mandy wrote that she was an aerialist who needed photographs and I was intrigued. Years of photographing performers left me with a love of individuals who craft their bodies to the point of physical perfection. It proved to be a fascinating way to spend an afternoon. (in the partnered photos Mandy is seen with her fellow performer and collaborator, Madeline Houk)





No comments:

Post a Comment