Friday, December 21, 2012

Something from a while back


My eldest is home from college and taking a semester off so all her stuff came back with her when the term wrapped. Unpacking, I noticed a pile of images and saw the one above in the mix. Turns out, she liked it and took it from my files to have at school. I took this portrait of Stephen Frailey almost 30 years ago in my Chelsea studio. He is a fascinating artist whom I met when we were both kids in the art world. He worked at a tony Soho gallery and seemed to be always in the know.  It's interesting to re-visit the many photographs I have created- especially when the assembled elements (subject, setting, lighting, exposure, film, camera, photographer) align.

To see a previous post featuring a still from the same period click here

No comments:

Post a Comment