Monday, September 17, 2012

Wow

I live in a small town. I'm not a very large player in my small town. I've never run for elected office, I don't hang out with notorious individuals, I don't sleep with any one else's husband (or wife). I kind of go along doing my own thing. Take photos, write my blog, take care of my kids, keep the home fires burning, aspire to be happy with my spouse. But sometimes, I can tick people off.  How do I do this? Usually, I refuse to roll and go along. If I am p*ssed off- I might let other people know. How unseemly of me, you know, to stand up for myself. After all, isn't that what good girls do- capitulate, compromise, act nice? So, something happened that upset me- and I let the people involved know. And now, I might have stirred a pot. Kind of threatening comments were made to my husband (who avoids conflict like the plague) that I better shut up. So I will. But not before I call attention to how weird this whole thing is. As the victim of a series of unfortunate events which will now no longer ever be disclosed, I am now the bad guy. You have to love it. You couldn't make this stuff up. No, it's better just to go with the flow, trivialize how you feel you were treated, look at the big picture, and whatever you do, don't ever make someone else unhappy even as you have been wronged. Turns out, that's not allowed. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment