Sunday, August 26, 2012

What a Difference a Door Makes


For those whose know me well (especially the members of my immediate family), I have ranted on occasion about not having a bathroom door (since Mother's Day or May 13th to be exact). The door and the hardware had to come off so that my capable husband could paint the door jamb (left unfinished from our bath restoration in 2010. ) The goal of the project morphed and James decided he had to paint the door itself. Granted, this bathroom is off our bedroom, and fortunately we don't seem to require a lot of privacy from each other in this area (not true). Over three months later,  I was starting to feel a little nutty.  James can be very particular about his doors, and the amount of time it takes to restore one to his level of perfection can be a little maddening. (along with  the hinges and screws which had to be stripped to the metal, primed and repainted.) So, here we are, achieving another milestone in our lives, the return of privacy. Last night James rehung the door. (I have been a little insistent.) He did a wonderful job and it looks fab. Now I wonder how long will it take to get a doorknob and a lock. (Don't ask- inside family joke.)

2 comments:

  1. Hello there,
    I was reading up on k-8 vs traditional middle schools and saw a comment on the unique school district and after reading it I knew it had to be Sleepy Hollow. Having grown up there though then it was North Tarrytown. The VT on Beekman Ave to be exact. I looked over the blog to see some shots (now live in Atlanta). Lovely pictures..

    Congratulations on your door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear 6eg89344,
    Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. We live in Sleepy Hollow Manor so you guessed exactly right. I have always been fascinated by the VT, its amazing history and what a remarkable place to grow up. I imagined you crossed Pocantico Street to get to Morse School- what a great commute for a kid!
    Wishing you all the best and thanks again-
    Cordially,
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete