Friday, June 15, 2012

Yard Sale Chez Nous





I can spend a fair amount of quality time experiencing agita over the quantity of clutter in our suburban home and I finally pulled the trigger (so to speak) last week (5 minutes before the closing deadline for ads) and placed a classified in our local Pennysaver. So it's all good as I manage my pre-event jitters of "Will it rain?" "Will anyone come?" "Will all this crap stuff leave?"(including the vintage typewriter above) and "Will I find everything that needs to go so that I can have the simplicity this wife and mother craves?" There are piles in the back of the living room waiting to be artfully arranged in the driveway at 6 a.m.  I have become immune to anyone's plaintiff cries of "You're selling that?" So, wish me luck, cloudless skies and a good turn-out here in Sleepy Hollow.  A little fun in the process would be an added bonus for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment