Friday, June 1, 2012

Strawberry Fields Forever


Last year I bought a few strawberry plants at Lowe's on clearance. I didn't see much activity last summer, but suddenly we have a profusion of strawberry plants- so much so that along the stairway from the driveway to the side door a plot seeded itself that's now full of ripe berries. For all their visual charm, they don't have much taste but hopefully the critters will enjoy them. Meanwhile we have their burst of fruited display offset by the fading swath of forget-me-nots. Our own little William Morris tableaux unfolding before our eyes.



On a another red note, earlier today my daughter Nora spray-painted a very beat up leather-topped coffee table a bright red. A neighbor's castoff, we let Nora take it to college. The table survived her freshman year and returned home with her, albeit a little worse for wear. I like the table painted this bold color. It's definitely a lot more dramatic than before.


2 comments:

  1. On a another red note, earlier today my daughter Nora spray-painted a very beat up leather-topped coffee table a bright red...berry plants

    ReplyDelete
  2. I planted the 25 Allstars on April 3 and watered them most mornings because we’re having an..Tennessee Wholesale Nursery

    ReplyDelete