Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The New Yorker...Uncovered


Last night Liza and I make our way to Manhattan to attend a panel discussion about the art and politics behind The New Yorker's covers. We arrived in time to find great seats and sat up close- able to take in every wry comment from the panel and glances between those assembled to talk. Sometimes, just hearing intelligent commentary and seeing inspired visuals elevates my senses in a very good way. Liza and I were fascinated by the back stories on the covers they displayed and the two wonderful illustrators (Barry Blitt and Bob Staack) shared a little about their process and how they interpret events.  I have been engaged by The New Yorker for as long as I can remember. The combination of its writers, artists, cartoonists and editorials have been a source of influence for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment